Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mad For Garlic




I knew this restaurant since a long long time ago but never tried it before because of its name " Mad For Garlic " yes , i am not garlic fan . but curiosity could kill a cat , so i decided had a lunch there and hoped it would be nice . Under the same roof with Tony Roma's of course i demanded nothing less. And anyway this famous Italian restaurant originally came from Korea . An outstanding reputation for having 11 branches in Korea , 1 in Singapore and 1 in Indonesia . 

Once i stepped my foot inside . The main restaurant is long and dimly lighted .  Dominated by stones , bricks or other their families , i was like transported to a medieval era which i must say i loved it . I found it was sophisticated and classy on its own .

So , i took a seat in the smoking area which is brighter and livelier than the main part . Ushered with a polite waitress made the evening pleasanter , came along with menus illustrated with onions at the cover . After took times of confusing what to ordered . The winners went to : Arrabiata pasta , Red velvet & Yuujade to filled my growling tummy . 

Arrabiata pasta around 80k . i forgot
Red velvet 55k . More expensive than Union's
Sorry couldn't give you how the yuujade looks like . As long as i remember it was greeny colored drink with mint and honeydews or something , i totally forgot cause actually this is an old data i haven't made the review yet , straight & honest . Nonetheless this drink called yuujade is recommended . It was refreshing . 

The pasta was simply different that what i thought . At first i thought that the pasta would be kinda dry similar with aglio olio and it would be a nice spicy pasta dish to save the day . Apparently my guess was messed up . It was pasta with bacon dressed with tomato sauce . Ate a forkful of it . It was quite tasty . But don't know . Too wet for me . 

I really enjoyed their Red Velvet . The texture was just right . They decorated the plate with onions picture , i found it creative and sort of cute . Those white cream tasted like yoghurt a little bit was simply amazing . I loved it . Every single bite of this red velvet . I loved it . My friend also on the same ship with me . She said it was nice but she loves Union's better . To tell you the truth i never tried its Famous and To die for Red Velvet till now . By the time i was there it was sold out . But , whatever , Mad For Garlic's satisfied me . No wonder it was expensive 55k tax excluded.



their open kitchen


Overall i was having good times here . The services were nice . The waitress were friendly and polite  . I must say the services were nearly flawless . I asked one of the waiter took a pic of me with my friend but it was blurry and unacceptable . If only she took a good shot of it . I must say it was flawless . Joking . It is not a new venue . So , i bet most of you have been here beforehand . And who haven't and especially garlic lover , what to think? get your lazybones here soon.


Mad for Garlic
Grand Indonesia, West Mall Ground Floor
Jl. MH Thamrin No.1
Jakarta
ph: +6221 23581076
http://www.madforgarlic.co.id/index.htm

3 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stayed in Jakarta from the UK for over 2 years, this place was by far one of the worst places I have ever ate. Why? I got a meat lovers Pizza, I kid you not it had sweat condensed milk on the base were you would normally have tomatoe Puree. Gross pure rubbish they were not bothered att all when I complained CLOWNS, do not eat at this place. Ow and I had Salad which was swimming in vinegar also really bad, a five year kid could do better.

    ReplyDelete